.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Habeas Blogus

Book reviews, more for my memory than anything else.

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Monday, April 02, 2007

The Rashtrapati Bhavan

This is the Presidential Palace of India, the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Have a look at the picture on Wikipedia, then look at mine. I saw a picture very much like this of the White House when I went to DC, and I wish I had a better camera there so I could have duplicated it.


I don't collect much, and I hate souvenirs. The only things I take from places I travel are little vials of water, which I keep on a shelf... a bunch of little vials with masking tape on them marked "Loch Ness", "DC Reflecting Pool", etc. Now I can add "The Seine" and "Taj Mahal Fountain" to the shelf.


But I'm starting to think that, whenever I visit a country's capital, I'll try to get a picture like this. In my mind, there's a lot of meaning here, not apparent at first glance. See if you agree.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home